Dear DMEC fans,
Unfortunately due to current uncertainty relating to publicly attended events across Europe, we have made the difficult decision to reschedule the opening round of the Drift Masters European Championship (DMEC). Round 1 of the DMEC series, which was originally scheduled for May 23/24 2020 at the PS Racing Center, Greinbach, Austria, will now become Round 5 and is rescheduled to September 5/6 at the same venue. This will make Plock, Poland on June 5/6, the opening round of the championship.
As such, the revised 2020 Drift Masters European Calendar is as follows:
- Round 1 – Poland, Plock – June 5/6
- Round 2 – UK, Teesside Autodrome – July 4/5
- Round 3 – Latvia, Bikernieki Circuit – Jul 31/Aug 1
- Round 4 – Germany, Ferropolis – Aug 20-22
- Round 5 – Austria, PS Racing Center – Sept 5/6
- Round 6 – Ireland, Mondello Park – Sept 19/20
Driver, team and fan safety is always our first priority, and this delayed start allows us time to put distance between the COVID-19 virus and the DMEC community. We apologise for any inconvenience this change of schedule may cause, but we assure you all that although we have all had a tough start to the 2020 drift season, we will finish stronger than ever later in the year.
Thank you all for your understanding and support during this difficult time.
– Arkadiusz Dudko, DMEC President
– David Egan, DMEC Vice President